Protect yourself against a Tax Investigation
Every year, HMRC carry out enquiries or investigations into a significant number of individuals and businesses. They do not need a specific reason to start an enquiry or investigation into your tax affairs. Everyone who submits a tax return is at risk of being targeted, even if you have done nothing wrong. During an enquiry or investigation, HMRC have the power to inspect documents and assets at your premises and request information going back up to 20 years! They can also do a full review of your personal tax affairs, requesting evidence such as bank and credit card statements to support your tax return. This is often disruptive, intrusive and costly.
Are you protected?
If you submit a tax return, then you could be investigated at any time. We are able to offer our clients a comprehensive Tax Investigation Service which will pay for our professional fees should HMRC target you for an investigation.
5 reasons why it is important to takeout protection
1. HMRC is actively increasing it’s number of Tax Investigations in order to raise more tax revenue.
2. Many Tax Investigations are conducted at random so you could find yourself at the centre of a Tax Investigation at any time, even if you have done nothing wrong.
3. The professional fees associated with a Tax Investigation can amount to thousands of pounds.
4. We know and understand your business, providing you with the best possible defence and saving you time and money in the long run.
5. HMRC may already have you in their sights…
|Tax Investigation Scheme (Scheme runs Apr-Mar and will be invoiced pro-rata in the first year)|
|Ltd Company’s and LLP’s||£150.00 (incl. VAT)|
|Partnership||£130.00 (incl. VAT)|
|Sole Trader||£120.00 (incl. VAT)|
|Personal||£50.00 (incl. VAT)|